I love December. It is, hands down, my favorite time of the year. Not only is it Christmas-time, so magical and wonderful, it is also my birthday on the 13th and I get as excited as a child about that. This year, I’ve been waiting even more impatiently, because I start my new job on December 1. This change is a huge one for me and so it merits its own post, hopefully coming sometime next week before Christmas madness sets in.
Looking back on (a really, really long) November:
- I went to the TEDx Brussels event, which was very cool, but I didn’t manage to blog about it. Boo.
- I have been blogging more though, so I’m happy about that. Though I lost most of my readers when I moved from my old blog, I should really see if I can re-direct or something. I am not connecting with as many people as I’d like to connect with and I don’t really know how to improve that.
- I upped my excercise levels and reached the 200 minute goal I set myself for November. Thanks to Joy for the inspiration and support!
- I read three books in November and I even managed to review one!
- I’m still reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins (which is fantastic) and Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani (which is ok) and plan to finish them by the end of the year to complete Beth F’s What’s In a Name 5 challenge
- I’m still listening to How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran on audio and am still loving it. So funny!
- I haven’t really been listening to anything music-wise – although I did buy Michael Bublé‘s Christmas album yesterday and I expect I’ll be listening to that a lot! Here’s a taster:
What I’m looking forward to in December:
- Um, Christmas? 🙂 We’re doing advent consisting mostly of books for our three-year-old and we have three separate Christmas dinners, all with presents. Life in December is pretty good. 🙂
- The new job – I can’t believe the day has finally arrived!
- All the best-of-2012 lists – I absolutely adore going through the end-of-year posts, it’s a great way to spend my time – and my money!
- Going to Cardiff for New Year’s – I can’t get enough of that place!
What are you looking forward to in December?